Affordable Iceland with Northern Lights Pursuit
This moderately active, adventurous program is intended to offer an introduction to Iceland and give you the opportunity to search for and perhaps view the Northern Lights. Different from any other program, because of the extreme climate and unpredictable weather conditions, you should be prepared for itinerary and flight schedule changes. The included Northern Lights tours, which run between 2-5 hours, depart between 8:30-9:30 PM and often extend late into the evening as exact schedules depend on local weather conditions. Sightings cannot be guaranteed. When known in advance, typically by 5 PM, that the Lights will not be visible on a given evening, a tour will be rescheduled for an alternate evening when feasible. Tour guides will vary on each excursion. If the Northern Lights are not visible during your included tour, we will attempt to offer another tour the following evening if conditions permit.
You can expect to walk over rough, uneven terrain in dark conditions, and therefore proper winter clothing and footwear (crampons or ice cleats to avoid slipping) as well as a flashlight are essential for your safety and comfort. Do not expect bathroom facilities at the sites. We suggest to carry tissues and hand sanitizer. Please be aware that Iceland is an expensive destination.
Meals may be expensive as most of Iceland's food is imported. Most flights arrive to Iceland between 4:00-7:00 AM, however hotel check-in begins at 2:00 PM. Only the pre-purchase of a hotel night will guarantee early check-in.
Escorted Package Includes
- Round trip flights to Keflavik
- Airline taxes & fuel surcharges
- 4 nights First Class accommodations
- 2 nights Hella
- 2 nights Reykjavik
- Hotel taxes, fees & service charges
- Hotel porterage
- Arrival transfer
- 9 meals: 5 breakfasts, 2 lunches, 2 dinners with wine
- Sightseeing per itinerary in modern motor coach
- Services of English-speaking guide throughout
- Entrance fees per itinerary
- Tour the Aurora Reykjavik: The Northern Lights Center and gain insight into the Northern Lights
- On the South Coast, view stunning scenery including volcanoes and spectacular waterfalls
- Visit Gullfoss Waterfall and the Geysir Geothermal Area, home of the Strokkur Geysir
- At the remarkable historic area of Þingvellir, visit the site of the world's oldest parliament
- Enjoy the warm soothing waters of the world-famous geothermal Blue Lagoon
- Search the skies for the Northern Lights (Aurora Borealis), among the most spectacular phenomena on earth
Please note: Northern Lights tours are subject to correct weather conditions and solar activity. Sightings cannot be guaranteed. If the tour is canceled locally, we will attempt to offer another Northern Lights tour on an alternate evening, conditions permitting. The Northern Lights tour departs in the late evening and may not return until after midnight.